Thursday, July 10, 2014

life would be easier as a teenage witch


Lexxi has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. I've always felt like Lexxi was a more exciting version of me—my super bold, fun friend. And over time, I've seen her grow into a strong, beautiful, caring person. She's one of the few people I can lose track of hours with, just laughing and talking. We started this blog awhile ago in an effort to remain even closer despite being in two parts of the country, but life kind of took off. We're hoping to keep it going to second time around by blogging about broader topics: not just style and fashion, but our lives as well.

So I guess I should say a little about myself! My name is Ashlyn. I'm a senior in university in Indiana. I like dinosaurs, Disney, and twirly skirts. I worked at Disney World for awhile. I'm studying economics and history. I love the same things kids do: waiting for snow, watching Disney Junior, and going to the zoo! Life is kind of complicated right now, and I've been desperately trying to figure out a plan for the past few days. It wasn't until last night when I was drawing cute space suits in my journal that I realized I needed to stop making excuses. But, since the two of us are figuratively standing at the threshold of post-grad reality, this seems like the best time to document our lives. I haven't blogged about my life online since 2011, and I've really missed having that outlet. I keep a journal, but it's mostly for one line ideas, weird dreams, and those few moments where I'm feeling poetic. I also drew a picture of me hugging an elephant the other night around 3 am. I couldn't stop laughing in the morning when I saw it, because it seriously looked like a five year old had gotten to my notebook.

I don't really know what direction I want to go in after college. I feel like I should really have this stuff figured out by now, but since I don't, here's a list of things I would like to do—if I could start over or just get really lucky. 

Jobs I would do (none of which I'm probably qualified for):
10. Zoo Owner: I would love them and feed them and brush them and pet them and not let people use flash photography around them
9. Weeki Wachee Springs Mermaid: Are there seriously any downsides to being a mermaid for a living?
8. Marine Biologist: Fighting evil by moonlight, saving whales by daylight
7. Museum Tour Guide, preferably for dinosaur exhibits. Roar!
6. Paleontologist: I really don't think I have the patience for archeological work but I'm pretty sure I could come up with cute outfits to dig around in the dirt with. And I would love to talk about my team's discoveries at dinner parties.
5. Food Trucker: Literally few things excite me more than the idea of driving around in a pink truck, talking to people in parks and selling cheap food. Why do I want to sweat over cooking equipment in a tiny space all day long? No idea. But it always seems so appealing.
4. Fashion Designer: Cute things for kids! Cute things for women! I don't know what men wear but I'll make them cute!
3. Writer: I doubt I'll ever feel fulfilled in life if I don't wind up writing young adult fiction on a beach somewhere.
2. Astronaut: SPACE. THE FINAL FRONTIER. I think I would be a prime candidate. Great eyesight, I'm short from lack of sleep stunting my growth as a baby (seriously) so you can fit me in a shoebox, and if you give me youtube videos, I can figure out how to fix things. Usually. Sometimes. I mostly ask my boyfriend to do it but I could probably do it if it were a life-or-death Gravity situation.
1. CEO of Disney: I don't honestly know when I'll wind up back at Disney, but some tiny part of me still thinks I will. So I'll keep hanging onto this one for now.

Jobs I will probably wind up with:
1. Something akin to Office Space where I'll be the weird guy in the basement who just wants to watch the squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment