Thursday, July 3, 2014

hiya


I never really had a great support system, or the best of friends. Isn't that why we all fly to the internet? We make connections with strangers because the people physically around us let us down. Some people grow out of their internet stage. Starting to make online friends at eleven, I grew into it. I made a LiveJournal account at fourteen expecting it just to be somewhere I could place my pre-teen and teen angst. Along the way, I met Ash. And she's been in my life ever since.

This is the re-vision, revision, of The Lost Girls. When Ashlyn and I first envisioned this blog, it was our little space to showcase our outfits to each other, and keep up with the others lives. This time around, I want it to be a little bit more personal. And rant-y. And I want to be able to help people, hopefully, in the future.

I wanted to start a personal blog on my adventure to London. I was spending half a year in a city that I had always dreamed of going to. The transition from 2013 to 2014 was probably the best time (and worst) of my life - I was living my personal dream. I was happier at uni in London than I had been for a while. However, living in London was a very far off-reality, one that I didn't necessarily want to leave. My life was turning upside down, and it reflected on my habits while I was away. I didn't end up documenting anything while I was in London, other than me being sad and blurry-eyed nights.

When I reached out to Ash about resurrecting our little project, there were a lot of reasons for the sudden drive to bring The Lost Girls back. One was the original conception - Ashlyn and I, while living in two different parts of the States, had grown up together. We grew into the people we are now with the support of one another (at least, I like to think so. I know she's impacted me in multiple ways growing up). Not to boast, but we love each others style. I know - I live in the Fashion Capital of the world. I probably don't dress any special to my city. But Ash does to hers. And I like how I style myself! I'm kind of vain, but that's beside the point.

I'm not a strong writer. I've been writing almost every day since I've come back to America though. I want to be able to put my words out better than I already do... and I think I just need an outlet. Something to focus on. I'm still in a place that I don't really want to be. The internet is a safe haven though and I'm hoping it can help support me again, just like when I was a brooding, emo, fourteen year old with bad hair. Also it'll get me to stop Netflix marathoning every TV show in existence (I'm currently obsessed with Arrow and it's taken me three days to finish the two seasons...)




So this is my part of this little world: fashion, cats, a part of my life that I want to remember, maybe. Hopefully the photos above kind of make that point across (s/o to my old supervisor for picking up my kitty disposable as a thank you present). Like I said. I'm not a good writer. But I know images. So hopefully this first post, choppy as it is, gets the message out. It's 418AM (as I write a bulk of this post) and I'm ready to step out for a cheeky fag. More about me to come!

xx
Lexxi

No comments:

Post a Comment